Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ardentinny

Not far from Strone (see my last blog) on the banks of Loch Long, 14 miles from Dunoon. A little further from the Firth of Clyde but is part of the general area and group of places I've written about here recently. What a nice day we had for this drive from Dunoon, around the lovely Holy Loch, to Kilmun, Strone, Ardentinny - and then through the impressive Glen Finart to Loch Eck!

The shoreline at Ardentinny, very picturesque and tranquil


Below, looking across the waters of the loch to Coulport and, since the 1960s, the Royal Naval Armaments Depot, part of HMNB Clyde.



I'm running out of my own photos to use for this blog but hopefully it won't be long until I'm back to take lots more! In the meantime I'll be uploading some old postcards of the area fairly soon.

4 comments:

Kirigalpoththa said...

Very picturesque setting! I love the first photo with boats..

Jane said...

Thank you Kirigalpoththa!

Sankara Subramanian said...

Hi Jane,

You have a brilliant blog with very lovely pictures.

I liked your blog so much that I am following it through google connect and have added it to my travel community at http://www.beontheroad.com/2009/12/india-travel-community.html.

I write about my travel experiences at http://www.beontheroad.com. Do drop by when you find time.

Cheers,
Sankara

Gerard Ward said...

Hi Jane,

Hows things? haven't seen you on the net for a while,have you moved?